Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shopping My House

I pretend to be an interior designer.  Not really.  But I do love decorating my own house and making a lovely place for my family and I to be.  


I also have a little problem with wanting to change things up all the time once in a while which isn't necessarily fiscally responsible.  But it doesn't have to cost you anything!


Not at any set times, but often during a year I will "shop my house" and move things around or from room to room.  It gives you the feeling of newness in a room without the cost of buying new stuff.  And it challenges my creativity to see how I can use the things I already have in new and different ways.  


Last week I set about doing that with a few accessories around my house.  It is really fun and you might find some really fun new uses for items you thought you didn't like anymore.


Then yesterday I was getting ready to make ONE CHANGE in my bedroom that was going to lighten and brighten it up and make me feel "new" in there again.  I'll admit that I did make two purchases in the past couple weeks to achieve this.  Gotta use those birthday discounts or they go away.


That's another thing you can do.  Just change ONE THING in a room and it can make a world of difference in how you look at it.


Anyway, I had been feeling like my living room curtains were feeling too heavy and dark for summer.  Of course, it didn't help that I saw some darling lighter colored patterned ones on a cute blog.  But getting new ones just isn't reasonable or right.  


And since I was taking the ones I was tired of out of my bedroom anyway, suddenly, they looked really cute in my living room.  They are lighter, they are brighter and the colors work perfectly.


So, voila'.  I washed them up and hung them and I love them.  I'm sure the dark heavy ones will probably feel better next winter, but for now, I got something "new" without buying a thing!  








                                                                    BEFORE


















                                                                     AFTER







Have you shopped your house lately?





No comments:

Post a Comment